June is Fireworks Safety Month, and if you have kids, that means it’s time to brush up on your safety tips. Every year, thousands of people are injured by fireworks, and many of those are children. However, there are some simple steps you can take to help prevent injuries.
Fireworks Safety Tips for Your Kids
Never allow your children to play with fireworks
This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s important to reiterate. Every year, thousands of children are injured while playing with fireworks. If you have fireworks at your home, make sure they are kept in a safe place where children cannot reach them.
Attend a public fireworks display
A great way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display. This way, you can sit back and relax while professionals handle the fireworks. Plus, many public displays have safety precautions in place to help prevent accidents.
Teach your children about fireworks safety
It’s important that your children know the dangers of fireworks before they see them used. Explain to them that fireworks are not toys and should only be used by adults.
Supervise your children around fireworks
Even if you’re not using fireworks yourself, it’s important to keep an eye on your children if they are nearby. If they see you being cautious, they’ll be more likely to do the same.
Have a safety plan in place
Before you use fireworks, it’s important to have a safety plan in place. This plan should include having a fire extinguisher on hand and knowing how to properly dispose of used fireworks.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your family has a safe and enjoyable experience with fireworks this summer.
Why It’s Important to Have a Safety Plan in Place Before Using Fireworks
- Every year, thousands of people are injured by fireworks. In the United States, there are an average of 190,000 fireworks-related injuries each year. Of those, about one-quarter are children under the age of 15.
- Many injuries can be prevented with proper safety precautions. By taking some simple safety measures, you can greatly reduce the risk of injury to yourself or your family members.
- Fireworks can be dangerous if not used properly. Fireworks are powerful explosives that can cause serious injuries if they are not used properly. It’s important to be aware of the dangers involved in using fireworks and to take precautions to avoid accidents.
- Having a safety plan in place can help ensure a safe experience. A safety plan should include having a fire extinguisher on hand and knowing how to properly dispose of used fireworks. By being prepared, you can help ensure that your experience with fireworks is safe and enjoyable.
- Review safety tips with your family before using fireworks. Before using fireworks, take some time to review safety tips with your family. This will help everyone be aware of the dangers involved and know what to do to stay safe.
Fireworks can be a lot of fun for the whole family, but it’s important to be aware of the dangers involved. By following some simple safety tips, you can help ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.