Our core aim is to open the hearts and minds of all at Wellington College, thereby making it one of Britain’s, and the world’s, leading and most inspiring co-educational schools for boarding and day students.
We wish to provide a transformative experience, developing to the full each student’s ‘Eight Aptitudes’ (logical and linguistic, creative and physical, social and personal, spiritual and moral), while ensuring that they grow to understand that serving and caring for others brings the highest rewards in life and the greatest likelihood of long term happiness and fulfilment.
The College will build upon its honourable past, dating back over 150 years, while adapting its values and traditions for the 21st century in a dynamic and sustainable way. Wellington is a Christian foundation, which celebrates and respects children from all religious faiths and backgrounds. A commitment to leadership, service and an international outlook lie at the heart of Wellington which has at its core values chosen by the whole community:
Courage – Integrity – Respect – Kindness – Responsibility.
- To fulfil this mission, we aim to encourage and support all our pupils:
- To develop their full potential academically, culturally, sportingly and spiritually
- To develop into open-hearted and open-minded young adults
- To question, to think and to work independently
- To respect the views and beliefs of everyone in our community and beyond
- To serve and support others at all times
- To be calm and purposeful in everything they do
- To help one another achieve the most from their school years
- To prepare themselves fully for life after school
- To become the person that they uniquely are rather than being influenced unduly by others
- To look after the body, emotions and mind through proper rest, relaxation and nourishment
Address: Wellington College Crowthorne Berkshire RG45 7PU
Phone: +44 (0)1344 444000
Fax: +44 (0)1344 444002